One of the best ways to protect your HP laptop is to invest in a good cooling pad. Even though your laptop comes with an in-built cooling system, this might sometimes be insufficient to keep the laptop’s temperature down, especially when the laptop runs heavy programs or is used non-stop for several hours.
In this post, we’d be looking at some of the best cooling pads for HP Omen, HP Envy, and HP Spectre laptops. Whichever of these series your laptop belongs to, you shouldn’t go wrong with our recommendations.
Best Cooling Pads for HP Omen, Envy & Spectre: Our Top 6 Picks
The market abounds with cooling pads of various sizes and designs. And the options are so many that making the right choice from the pack can be quite hard.
We spent hours assessing and comparing the best cooling pads on the market in a bid to figure out the most suitable ones for HP Omen, Envy, or Spectre laptops. After assessing several options in terms of size, design, durability, brand trust, and buyer reviews, we ended up up with these top contenders.
1. Havit HV-F2056 Cooling Pad
The Havit HV-F2056 is slim, portable, and lightweight, allowing for easy movement and use anywhere and at any time. It measures just over an inch in thickness and weighs only 1.6 lbs. It is slimmer and lighter than many other cooling pads. The entire cooling system measures 14.9 x 11 x 1.2.
The cooling pad comes with two height adjustment settings, controllable via two shield holders at the back. This allows you to adjust the cooling pad for optimal viewing and typing experience. It also features a high build quality that allows it to hold up even 17-inch laptops with ease.
For better temperature control and airflow, the Havit HV-F2056 is fitted with three large fans measuring 110mm each. These fans spin at 1,100 rotations per minute (RPM) and provide 65 CFM of airflow, allowing you to run CPU-intensive tasks without worries.
For extra connectivity options, there are two USB 2.0 ports on this cooling pad. The built-in dual-USB hub functions just as effectively as the ports on your laptop. There are also LED indicators right under the three fans. They function as indicators and reveal the working status of the cooling pad. They also serve as a light source in the dark.
- Can hold 15- to 17-inch laptops
- Ultra-slim and portable design
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
- On/off power switch
- No laptop stoppers for anti-slipping
- No independent power switch
2. TopMate C5 10-15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop Cooling Pad
While you would need a high-end laptop with great processor speed and large RAM and memory capacities, these won’t stop your laptop from overheating when you start playing those memory-demanding games or running heavy-duty programs. To ensure your laptop remains cool at all times, you’ve got the TopMate C5 Gaming Laptop Cooling Pad.
This cooling pad can hold from 10 to 15.6-inch laptops with ease. It weighs just 2.0 pounds with 1.5-inch thickness, making it compact and portable. For advanced cooling, it comes with five efficient cooling fans all spinning at 2,500 RPM. These fans include a large central fan that provides major airflow support and four outer ventilators – all delivering adequate cooling power to keep even the most stressed systems within optimal temperatures.
The TopMate C5 Gaming Laptop Cooling Pad is made of plastic and metal mesh. The durable and resistant build means it will last you for a while even under the weight of laptops 10 times its overall weight.
One intriguing feature about this cooling pad is that it comes with a control panel with an LCD display. This shows you the speed mode you’re on and other necessary details. There are also touchpad buttons for easy control.
To control the speed of the fans, you’ve got a 6-speed setup. These settings allow you to determine how much cooling power you want the cooling pad to deliver. For an easy typing and viewing experience, there are five height adjustment settings that allow you to place your laptop right where you want it.
- 5-height adjustment settings
- Two USB 2.0 ports
- Compatible with laptops, router, and PlayStation
- Quiet fans
- Plastic build quality is questionable
- Fans deliver enough power but not up to 2,500 RPM
3. Havit HV-F2073 Cooling Pad
The Havit HV-F2073 Cooling Pad is another option for gamers looking for more cooling power. It features a large metal mesh surface design to encourage air circulation and properly cool your laptop.
The cooling pad is fitted with three large fans and while they provide a higher CFM than many on the market, they are insanely quiet during operation. The fans spin at 1,100 RPM creating a cooler atmosphere for an immersive gaming experience.
To adjust the fan speed, there is a rotatable switch. An LED indicator light is fitted right below the fan and it indicates the speed status of the fans.
Like many Havit cooling pads, there are only two height settings available. These allow you to set a more relaxing incline angle for all-day work. The Havit HV-F2073 Cooling Pad comes with a no-slip baffle that keeps your laptop in place at all times regardless of its size. This is an impressive feature considering the cooling pad was made to handle bigger laptops from 15.6 to 17 inches.
To connect your external devices, there are two extra USB ports on the cooling pad
- Light, portable, and durable build quality
- Cooling system prevents overheating
- Quiet operation
- 15-color RGB side light
- A little pricy
- Few height adjustment settings
4. TeckNet N5 Laptop Cooling Pad
Featuring two 110m fans with 1200 RPM and 38.5 CFM airflow, the TeckNet Laptop Cooling Pad is one of the best options for laptop owners looking to save on their purchase and still get a durable device. This cooling pad is built to be super quiet with a noise level of 15DA. It features an air-flow wave design that allows the fans to deliver maximum cooling without causing noise disturbance. Fitted at the back of the fans is an LED indicator that lets you know if the cooler is active.
The TeckNet Laptop Cooling Pad is also lightweight at 1.76 pounds. Thanks to the slim and portable build, you can set the cooling pad anywhere you want it and even take it around with you.
This cooling pad measures 14.17 x 1.77 x 11 x 0.2 inches and is able to hold laptops of up to 16 inches. 16-inch laptops might protrude from the edges of the cooler but the cooling effect would remain just as effective. Overall, this cooling pad fits laptops between 12–16 inches. To connect to your external USB device, you get a built-in 2-port USB 2.0 hub.
The TeckNet Laptop Cooling Pad features an anti-skid metal mesh that will hold your laptop in place regardless of the angle. There is also a rubber-based rim that allows you to place your laptop in an ideal typing position without it skidding or slipping.
- Anti-skid base for extra stability
- Built-in 2-port USB 2.0 hub
- Super-silent fans
- Slim and portable design
- No height adjustment settings
- No fan-speed settings
5. KOOTEK Laptop Cooling Pad
If you own an HP Omen laptop, then you must know how easy it is for things to get heated up. To keep your laptop cool and still get the best gaming experience, you will need the KOOTEK Laptop Cooling Pad.
This cooling pad comes with five built-in fans – a large central fan and four smaller surrounding fans. The large fan measures 5.9 inches while the smaller fans measure 2.79 inches each. You can control the fan using the 3-fan combination system – one fan working, four fans working, and all five fans working. The fans offer speeds of up to 2,000 RPM. There is also an LED indicator right below the fans that you can switch on and off.
The KOOTEK Laptop Cooling Pad comes with six adjustable height settings that allow you to set a comfortable angle for playing games or watching movies. On the bottom are four non-slip rubber pads that prevent the cooler from slipping. Right on the surface of the cooling pad are two stoppers that will hold your laptop securely.
This cooling pad is designed to support 12-17 inch laptops. It comes with a dual-USB hub to connect your external USB-supported devices.
- Fans deliver speeds of up to 2,000 RPM
- Six adjustable height settings
- Support 12-17 inches laptops
- Feature dual-surface stoppers
- Build quality is not entirely impressive
- Might not fit all 17-inch laptops
6. TeckNet N8 Laptop Cooling Pad
Measuring just 1.06-inch thick, the TeckNet N8 Laptop Cooling Pad is slim, portable, and lightweight but will accommodate laptops of up to 17 inches. However, your 17-inch laptop might protrude out the edges of the cooling pad considering it measures 14.96 x 1.06 x 11.02 inches.
This cooling pad comes with three 118m fans working at 1,200 RPM with a quiet operation to ensure that your laptop remains cool. The noise level is at 20dB which is even lower than the sound of human breathing. Together the fans provide 38 CFM of refreshing airflow. There are also LED lights just underneath the fans that indicate their working status.
The TeckNet N8 Laptop Cooling Pad is designed for comfort and you get two adjustable levels that allow you to tilt your laptop for a better viewing angle. The surface is designed to be skid-proof with stoppers at the bottom. The cooling is built of a metal mesh (on the surface) and ABS plastic (everywhere else).
This cooling pad is powered by the USB port on your laptop. To make up for the occupied USB port that comes with using the cooling pad, you get a dual-USB hub where you can plug in your devices.
- Quiet operation
- Two adjustable levels
- Lightweight and portable
- Durable build quality
- No fan-speed settings
- Will not fit all 17-inch laptops
Things to Consider When Buying a Cooling Pad for your HP Laptop
If you own a high-end HP Omen gaming laptop or one of its Envy or Spectre models, and you put in a lot of work, then you should know how hot things can get. Laptop cooling pads function as an external cooling system that reduces overheating by providing additional cooling.
There are many cooling pad brands with different designs; so when shopping, you should look only for features that suit your need. This guide should help you make the right decision on the right cooling pad for your HP laptop.
Generally, cooling fans make use of active and passive cooling methods for better heat dissipation. You would have to choose the type of cooling method that works best for you.
- Cooling pads with fans – This type is the most common in the market and the most effective, especially for those that put their laptop through a lot of work. These cooling pads are fitted with multiple fans that operate simultaneously and boost air circulation for better temperature control.
- Cooling pads without fans – Rather than multiple fans, these cooling pads are made with heat-resistant materials that encourage better airflow so that your laptop’s internal fans perform better. They may take away all the noise that comes with using fan-fitted cooling pads, but they don’t cool as efficiently.
The cooling efficiency of cooling pads with fans is rated based on how hard they blow in cubic feet per minute (CFM). The harder the fans blow, the better the air circulation. If you go for cooling pads without fans, ensure that the location of the air vents on the laptop match well enough with the pad to allow for easier airflow.
When fans move, they make some noise which could be either quiet or disturbing. However, there are laptop cooling pads with fans that are dead silent. Cooling pads with higher CFM rates and more power delivery tend to be louder and more disturbing. So if a little disturbance ticks you off, you’re better off with a cooling pad that comes without a fan.
The type of material used in building the cooling pad is an important feature to consider. This is very important for laptop cooling pads without fans that rely on heat-resistant materials to operate. The better the build quality, the better the efficiency and durability of the cooling pad.
While you may want to consider affordable options, you might not get the best features. Low-budget cooling pads usually come with low CFM rates and lack effective heat-absorbing materials. However, you shouldn’t have to break the bank to get the right cooling pad with all the necessary features and quality. It’s best to compare the popular options before making a decision.
- MSI Motherboard Ethernet Not Working: How to Fix
- Brother Printer Not Connecting To WiFi: How To Fix
- 7 Best Docking Stations for Dual Monitors (2023 Review)
- HP Pavilion Touchpad Not Working: Causes & Fixes
- ASUS Scroll Touchpad Not Working: Causes & Fixes
- ASUS BIOS Not Detecting SSD: Causes & Fixes
- Lenovo Mouse Touchpad Not Working: Causes & Fixes
- J5create Docking Station Not Detecting Monitor: How to Fix
- MSI Motherboard Not Detecting SSD: Causes & Fixes
- Acer Chromebook Touchpad Not Working: Causes & Fixes
- 6 Best Docking Stations for HP Pavilion Laptops (2023 Review)
- Dell Second Monitor Not Detected: Causes & Fixes
- Dell Docking Station Not Detecting Monitor: Causes & Fixes
- Gigabyte Motherboard HDMI Not Working: How to Fix
- Targus Docking Station Not Detecting Monitor: Causes & Fixes
- Elitebook Touchpad Not Working: Causes & Fixes
- Second Monitor Detected But Not Displaying [FIXED]
- 7 Best Webcams for Dell Laptops (2023 Review)
- ASUS Chromebook Touchpad Not Working: Causes & Fixes
- 6 Best Cooling Pads for Dell Alienware Laptops (2023 Review)
- 7 Best Wireless Keyboards with Caps Lock Light (2023 Review)
- Lenovo Ideapad Touchpad Not Working: How to Fix
- Samsung Laptop Touchpad Not Working: Causes & Fixes
- 7 Best USB-C Docking Stations for Windows and Macbook PCs (2023 Review)
- Samsung Chromebook Touchpad Not Working: How to Fix
- Dell Latitude Touchpad Not Working: Causes & Fixes
- MSI B550 Motherboard HDMI Not Working: How To Fix
- HP Docking Station Not Detecting Monitor: Causes & Fixes
- 6 Best USB 3.0 Docking Stations for Laptops (2023 Review)
- Gateway Laptop Touchpad Not Working: Causes & Fixes
- Gigabyte Motherboard Not Booting: How to Fix
- Lenovo Docking Station Not Detecting Monitor: Causes & Fixes
- HP Envy Touchpad Not Working: Causes & Fixes
- HP Chromebook Touchpad Not Working: Causes & Fixes
- Kodak Printer Not Connecting to WiFi: How to Fix
- ASUS Motherboard Ethernet Not Working: How to Fix
- 6 Best Docking Stations for Dell Latitude PC (2023 Review)
- Samsung Printer Not Connecting To WiFi: How To Fix
- HP Printer Not Connecting To WiFi: How To Fix
- ASUS Motherboard USB Ports Not Working: How to Fix
- Acer Aspire 5 Touchpad Not Working: Causes & Fixes
- Toshiba Laptop Touchpad Not Working: Causes & Fixes
- 7 Best Docking Stations for Lenovo Yoga, ThinkPad & X1
- Asrock Motherboard HDMI Not Working: How to Fix
- Biostar Motherboard Not Booting: How to Fix
- 5 Best Bluetooth Keyboards for Samsung Tablets (2023 Review)
- Kensington Docking Station Not Detecting Monitor: How to Fix
- 7 Best Motherboards with 8 RAM Slots (2023 Review)
- Canon Printer Not Connecting To WiFi: How To Fix
- DisplayPort Not Working But HDMI Is: Causes & Fixes
- Dell Laptop Not Detecting External Monitor HDMI [FIXED]
- 7 Best Stylus Pens for HP Pavilion X360 (2023 Review)
- 6 Best Cooling Pads for HP Omen, Envy & Spectre Laptops
- Epson Printer Not Connecting to WiFi: How to Fix
- 6 Best AM4 Motherboards with Wi-Fi (2023 Review)